Planning for a trip can be daunting. To ease your mind and make your trip and travel easier, Relax and Ride, Carlisle has compacted a list of travel tips that are essential for your flight and time in the airport, as well as for when you’ve arrived at your final destination. These five tips are sure to make your trip a relaxing time.
- Wake up early: This applies for being at the airport and once you’ve arrived at your final destination. Make sure you wake up early so that you don’t miss your flight. It’s better that you have extra hours before you board due to speedily getting through security rather than nervously counting down the minutes because you didn’t anticipate how slow the lines would be. Once you are at your destination, wake up early to see the best destinations before huge crowds form. Also, a picture with the Eiffel Tower in front of the sunrise is surely one for the memory books.
- Pack a scarf: As mentioned in our last post, a scarf is a travel essential. It works perfectly as a makeshift blanket when you’re cold on the airplane. Additionally, a scarf can act as sun protection or a towel if you’re in a warmer climate. It’s easy to pack and has an abundance of different uses: a scarf is a must!
- Splurge on your travels: Planning a vacation on a budget is more than doable nowadays; however, it’s also nice to splurge once in a while. This could mean spending a little more on a fancy hotels for a few nights, or eating at a nice restaurant. You don’t have to splurge your entire vacation, but once in a while is acceptable (and healthy!). For airplanes, perhaps slurping means purchasing a seat with extra legroom or a one way business class seat. If your flights is ten hours long, these extra expenses might be worth looking into.
- Pack less and efficiently: We’re all victims to over packing for trips. Chances are you don’t need every tank tops in your wardrobe for a five day trip. Packing less will make your trip that much easier! Push yourself to only bring carry-on luggage instead of checking a bag. Packing lighter will also be easier if you’re traveling from place to place on a vacation. It’s also easier to manage in the airport and let’s you skip the baggage claim line.
- Bring earplugs: It’s going to be a rough flight if you immediately get on and a baby is crying in the seat behind you. To avoid this, make sure you pack earplugs to drown out any unnecessary noise. Flights are an awesome way to catch up on sleep before arriving at your destination. If you have a nighttime flight, it’s essential to sleep on your way there. Also, earplugs don’t become useless once you arrive; they are essential if you have loud neighbors in the hotel room next door or your hotel room is facing the noisy city streets.
To make sure tip #1 is executed effectively, plan your travel to the airport with Relax and Ride, Carlisle. Pricing information can be found on our website by clicking here. For more general information, visit our website and book today!